Monday 11 April 2011

Fierce pride

I'm not sure if I am still allowed to say where I work but what the hell.

The Local Government Chronicle 50 has made me smile, made me go 'oh wow' and made me so epically proud to work for Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council.

I was proud before. I've said it before a long old time ago. I am still proud. I am angry, yes but the anger is not and never has been directed at anyone within our organisation. I am simply struggling with understanding and knowing what it is I am allowed to say and what it is I am not.

But I am proud, this evening and frankly, I don't give a damn whether I'm allowed to say it or not. I'm proud to know inspirational, dedicated, innovative, sometimes bonkers but always true to themselves people.

Nice work fellas.

I use the word fella, of course, because somewhat oddly, though there are many ladies on the list, I don't know any of them well enough to send congratulations messages.

I can say nice work to the lady who compiled it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment